HISTORY OF THE HOUSE
Christian Benedikt Eble (n) buys a part of the house Ulmer Straße 325 from his brother-in-law Johann Stephan Weiß and thus becomes the sole house owner. Only one garden is mentioned in the goods book, which abuts on the north side of the house. Ulmer Straße 323 is not yet there.
Johann Jacob Eble (n), son of the above mentioned Christian Benedikt, marries the Katherina Barbara Zondler. Until his death in 1835, he was referred to as the "Grape Landlord Eble".
The first secure evidence of the existence of Ulmer Straße 323. In the primary cadastre, grape host Jacob Eble appears as the owner of the house, including the court yard and pigsty. In all likelihood, he can also be considered as the builder of the house.
On the renewed village map a bowling alley with gardening is found at the "ox" (or at that time still "grape")?.
A barn is being built behind the house
Emil Luithardt buys half of the house from the church attendant named Decker and the other half from Wilhelm Hutzenlaub. Installation of a bakery, no external stairs. Construction of a new cellar.
Gasthaus zum Ochsen by Emil Luithardt. The oldest picture of the "Ochsen" so far. Emil Luithardt operated this inn from 1892 to 1929.
Master saddler Friedrich Schubert takes over the "Ochsen" and sets up his workshop in the barn.
Wilhelm and Herta Bender lease the "Ochsen" restaurant
Harald and Nada Bender lease the "Ochsen" and can buy the "Ochsen" in 1980.
Extension and expansion of 8 further new rooms and 2 suites with whirlpool
The Bender family buy and renovate the building opposite (Ackerweg 2) and built additional 6 modern rooms
We are happy to run this house for more than 65 years now, in the 3rd generation in family hands.
Your family Bender & the Ochsen team
January 1st, 2019, Richard Dingler (for 30 years
head chef) and Alexander Maurer (head chef and in the business for 10 years) take over the "Restaurant Ochsen".
We thank all guests for their loyalty!
Richard Dingler & Alexander Maurer